Below is the APRS map locally. Provided by APRS.fi it shows all the local APRS information including weather reports.
As many of you already know my call-sign is WX9RLT.
Yes, it is a vanity call sign! WX for weather, 9 for the area, RLT for my initials.
I got my tech. license on May 19th 2014.
And upgraded to my general on October 17th 2015
I monitor 146.520 a lot and do APRS.
I am a member of R.A.R.A. and am also a net control operator.
I am a member of the YLSystem 14.332 my member ID # is 17123
Also the OMISS net #10766
I love to trade QSL cards via snail mail.
Send a self addressed stamped envelope.
I will reply back to 100% of QSL cards via snail mail with SASE.
PLEASE CONFIRM ME IN THE QRZ LOGBOOK
Looking forward to contesting and DX and special stations.
I made my first special station contact with
N4A, the Stuart Air Show MCARES.
Which is really awesome because not only was it my first special station contact, but also my first on 15 meters. But I am a HUGE aviation fan. And it happened on Halloween 2015! How cool is that!!!
I have contacted the ISS via packet several times already 🙂 I am still working on voice.
I do like to rag-chew a bit, OK ALOT!
My Goal: To work all 50 states. And before i die I want to work all the grids. Wish me luck!
I wanted to make an up to date page for the area nets in and around the Rockford, Illinois area. This is the most up to date list in the area. I am a net control operator for the R.A.R.A. on Monday nights at 8 pm on 146.610. There are several nets in the area. Feel free to join the nets! No membership is needed.
Local Area Nets
- Big Thunder Net at 8 pm on 147.375
- Green County ARES Net at 7:30 p.m. on 145.110
- Whiteside County ARES Net at 8 p.m on 146.850
- ——> R.A.R.A. at 8 pm on 146.610 ( I am a net control operator, be sure to join in!!!)
- Kishwaukee Amateur Radio Club Net at 8:30 pm on 146.730
- Tonys Net at 8 pm on 147.300
- Rock County ARES at 7 pm on 145.450
- Ogle County ARES Net at 9 pm on 147.165
- Greater Beloit Amateur Radio Club Wednesday Evening Net – 7:30 p.m. on 147.170
- Northern Illinois Ares at 7 pm on 146.610
- Digital net on the Clinton repeater at 7 PM on 443.175
- The famous Friday Night Fun Net at 8 pm on 147.255
Credits & Sources: Max Gersh, Jimmy Dorsey, R.A.R.A., Northern Illinois ARES
- 146.610 – Offset PL 114.8
- 147.000 + Offset PL 114.8
- 147.255 + Offset PL 114.8
My main rigs are the FTM-400XD for my 2 meter and 70cm. I use it a lot for doing APRS. APRS is one of my favorite ham radio things to do. It has APRS built into it! I am also able to do the new fusion system on it also. This is my main rig.
I have several GT-3 Mark ii radios for my HT’s. I have several of them so I can work events and for spares. They are pretty good radios. A pain to program by hand though.
I use a Tram 1480 for my antenna. It is approx. 25 feet in the air.
I use a FT-450D for my HF rig.
I use an off centered inverted V dipole that is about 40 feet up in the air.